North Korea shows video of New York completely destroyedBy Mason White 6:16 PM February 5, 2013
|North Korea test fires missile|
By: Sarah Weiss
(Scroll down for video) North Korea has uploaded a video showing New York completely destroyed, according to video uploaded to the internet.
North Korea is preparing for a new nuclear test and has posted a bizarre video online depicting New York, under an apparent missile attack with the “We Are the World” soundtrack playing in the background.
The three-minute video posted on YouTube Saturday was released by Uriminzokkiri, which distributes news and opinion directed by the state media in North Korea. It featured a young man in a dream sequence in which he finds himself aboard a space shuttle North Korea launched into orbit by the same type of rocket Pyongyang successfully launched in December.
A densely populated city that is wrapped in a U.S. flag, was showed to the tune of “We Are the World”, the charity single recorded in 1985.
“Somewhere in the United States, the clouds of black smoke is billowing,” reads a title translated from Korean. “It looks like the nest of evil is burning with the fire started by itself,” it added.
The video ended with the young man saying that his dream will probably come true. As of early Tuesday, it had been viewed more than 100,000 times.
“Despite all kinds of imperialist attempts to isolate and crush us, no one can stop the people who will march to a final victory,” a final title said.
Former U.S. ambassador to the U.N., John Bolton, in a statement, said the video is another disturbing reminder of what a nuclear capable North Korea would mean for the world.
Mobile video not loading? Click here to view