Brothers celebrating winning the lotto buy drugs and blow up their houseBy Mason White 7:00 PM February 18, 2013
|House blows up|
By: John Roberts
(Scroll down for video) Two brothers who were busy celebrating winning the lottery, smoked some drugs and blew up their house, according to police reports in Kansas.
Police said that the two brothers who claimed a prize of $75,000 from last week’s general lottery, immediately went out to purchase drugs, then accidentally blew up their house.
The blast sent one of the brothers, a 27-year-old, to a local hospital, according to the local newspaper. He remains in serious but stable condition with second degree burns on the hands, arms and chest.
Police said the other brother was sent to prison.
The newspaper reported that one of the brothers went to the kitchen to refuel some torches they planned to use to light their drug pipes.
“The flammable vapor reached the pilot in the oven and unsurprisingly, it exploded”, Sergeant Bruce Watts of the Wichita Police Department, told the newspaper.
To make matters worse, the victim was wearing a lottery shirt when the blast occurred, according to police.
The newspaper also reported that the victim’s girlfriend and some children loaded him into a car and took him to the emergency room.
Police officers responded to the house with a court order, where the other brother admitted he had marijuana and methamphetamine, the newspaper said.
Mobile video not loading? Click here to view