Man dies after his body explodes from the insideBy Mason White 5:04 AM February 20, 2013
By: Moses Gold
(Scroll down for video) A man died after his body exploded from the inside, according to police reports in Oklahoma.
Oklahoma authorities who were investigating the mysterious death of the man, have come to a weird conclusion. They claim that the 65-year-old died after suddenly bursting into flames.
Family members found 65-year-old Danny Vanzandt, dead Monday inside his home. Sheriff Ron Lockhart said: “The body was totally burned from the inside.”
Lockhart said that he believes the death could be a rare case of spontaneous human combustion. Lockhart said: “I think there are only about 200 cases worldwide.”
Lockhart said that the fire did not damage the house and there were no signs of a struggle. He said: “There was no damage to furniture or anything from the fire.”
Detectives sent the body to the medical examiner’s office in Tulsa. Lockhart said: “If you read about spontaneous human combustion that is what we have here.”
The sheriff said that Vanzandt was an alcoholic and an avid smoker. When asked if it was possible that Vanzandt accidentally killed himself after dropping a cigarette, Lockhart said, “a burning cigarette is not going to do that.”