Latest News

New York toddler burns to death after getting stuck on radiator

By Mason White 6:19 AM February 22, 2013
Steam radiator 

By: Eva Fett
(Scroll down for video) A little girl was burned to death while visiting her grandmother in New York City, according to police reports in New York City.

The girl, who was identified as a 1-year-old, was visiting her grandmother in Manhattan. She was burned to death early Tuesday after she fell off the bed and was wedged between furniture and a radiator, police said.

Gabriella Grimes had severe burns on her leg when her grandmother, Lourdes Carrigan, 60, found the girl at 6:15 am inside her Morningside Heights apartment on Cathedral Parkway.

Police said that Gabriella had apparently fallen out of bed during the night and became trapped between the bed and the hot radiator.
She was rushed to St. Luke’s Hospital, where she later died.

The girl with her family came to Manhattan in order to celebrate her first birthday.

The child was visiting from Albany, New York, police said. Another child in the apartment was not injured.
The grandmother was not charged in the incident.