Doctor removes 111 pennies from dog’s stomachBy Mason White 7:13 PM March 18, 2013
|The dog, Jack, who swallowed 111 pennies|
By: John Roberts
(Scroll down for video) A man rushed his dog to an emergency room after it swallowed more than one hundred pennies, according to press reports in New York.
The New York City dog has undergone emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from inside its stomach.
A local New York newspaper reported that a Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.
The 13-year-old dog’s owner, took the dog to a Manhattan vet for emergency surgery.
That’s when doctors put the dog Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed the 111 coins. Zinc currencies can be lethal.
The dog’s owner told the newspaper that his best friend has returned to normal, driving him crazy.Mobile video not loading? Click here to view