Boy, 12, arrested after making a prank callBy Mason White 6:32 AM March 22, 2013
|An evacuated school illustration|
By: Eva Fett
(Scroll down for video) A little boy was arrested and charged with creating a false public alarm after making a prank call, according to police reports in Minnesota.
The 12-year-old boy has been arrested after allegedly making the phone call to a Minnesota School District.
According to local police, even though the boy is young, he could be sent to juvenile prison.
The call came in around 8:00 am and caused three schools to be locked down in New Prague, a city about 50 miles southwest of Minneapolis.
Police said that the boy said he needed help because there had been a shooter with an AK-47 inside the building, who had already shot several people.
The call led to a lock down followed by the evacuation of student with parents rushing to the scene.
Under Minnesota law, no one under 14 can be charged as an adult and anyone younger than 10 is considered incapable of committing a crime.
Classes resumed as normal the next day. This was the second incident in the New Prague school district this year. Just two months ago another student phoned in a bomb threat. That student was expelled from school.Mobile video not loading? Click here to view