Latest News

Woman wins $4 million from electric company after getting shocks in shower

By Mason White 10:30 AM March 22, 2013
Simone Wilson 

By: John Roberts
(Scroll down for video) A woman sued her electric company provider after repeated electric shocks when she took a shower.

Simone Wilson, 34, was left with painful nerve damage every time she took a shower in her newly renovated home in Redondo Beach, California.
The house is built next to the Southern California Edison substation. Wilson’s house turned out to have 26 electrified points, including the appliances and nearly all the plumbing fixtures.

The single mother of three, was struck by stray electricity from a nearby substation whenever she took a shower. Wilson was hospitalized because of the painful jolts of electricity which led to exhaustion, nausea and numbness in the arms, legs and shoulders.

Wilson sued the electric company.

After a civil hearing, which took three weeks, a jury in Los Angeles, found that the power company was negligent and reckless in their dealings with Wilson.

She received $1.05 million in compensation for her medical problems and another $3 million in punitive damages.

Southern California Edison criticized the ruling and said it had worked with Wilson to test the area and found no problems. The company is now considering an appeal.

Mobile video not loading? Click here to view