Latest News

Woman offered $15 compensation after eating mouse baked into her Tesco sandwich

By Mason White 4:38 AM April 7, 2013
Katie Crabtree 

By: Eva Fett
A woman was offered a laughable $15 compensation after she ate from a mouse that was baked inside her Tesco sandwich, according to press reports the United Kingdom.

When the hungry mother of two bit into her delicious sandwich with chicken, bacon and lettuce, she ate the piece she was not expecting.

Katie Crabtree was surprised to discover that a furry creature that looked like a mouse inside the pre-packaged sandwich bought at a branch of the supermarket chain in Stockport.

The 31-years-old was horrified after seeing the furry animal only after swallowing part of it, thinking it was a piece of burned bacon.

She said: “I took a bite and saw this big black thing in it, but I thought it was just burned bacon and swallowed it.
Then I realized that there was something horrible in the sandwich.

It was black, had hair and I could see a little leg. It was horrible.”
Crabtree said that the shocking discovery made ​​her feel sick.

“I cannot eat another packaged sandwich ever because I just think of that awful thing,” she said.
She also said that the supermarket giant ignored her despite following up her initial complaint with the store and head office.

“I spoke to them a few times, with the office of the store and head office, but no one seemed to know what was going on,” she said.

“In the end I got a bonus of $15,” she continued.

“I think that I will not be able to buy another sandwich. This is the most disgusting thing that could happen to a person. I cannot believe how the supermarket giant had the nerve to offer this poor woman just $15 for her trouble,” Kimberly Moore, 23, a working single mom in London, England told YourJewishNews.com.

Tesco sent a letter of apology and said they would investigate and offered $15 in compensation.

A Tesco spokesperson said: “We take any such case very seriously. Unfortunately, this time, our food safety procedures did not work as it should have done.
We have apologized to our customers and we are urgently investigating the matter with our supplier.”