U.N. official blames Boston terror attacks on U.S. support for IsraelBy Mason White 11:43 AM April 24, 2013
By: Ryan Lee Hall
Many are angry, after a U.N. official blamed the Boston terror attacks on U.S. support for Israel, according to press reports in the United States.
The U.S. has demanded the resignation of a senior U.N. human rights official for his outrageous comment about the attacks in Boston, which he blamed on U.S. policy in the Middle East.
“The United States completely rejects the provocative and offensive comments made by Richard Falk, the U.N. Special Rapporteur for the Palestinian Territories in relation to the recent terrorist attack in Boston, Massachusetts,” Erin Pelton, the U.S. spokesperson to the United Nations said in a statement.
“The U.S. had previously called for Falk’s resignation for his numerous outrageous statements, and these comments underscore once again the absurdity of his service as the U.N. Special Rapporteur,” Pelton said.
The Anti-Defamation League or ADL, in a statement, also denounced Falk’s comments, in which he attempted to explain the attacks at the Boston Marathon as a reaction to U.S. policy in the Middle East and Tel Aviv.
Falk wrote: “As long as Tel Aviv has the obedient ear of the U.S. political class, those who want peace and justice in the world should not be quiet, and also note, that the Boston terrorist attack was a justified response to U.S. policies in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq.”
“The U.N. should immediately fire Falk. He is a very bigoted and a hateful person. His view aligns with Muslim extremists around the world who constantly plot attacks against the free world. His position at the U.N, is unacceptable,” Jane Price, 38, of Orlando, Florida told YourJewishNews.com after learning about the outragous comments.
“Richard Falk has given the Human Rights Council another black eye, and his continued partnership with the international agency only serves to undermine its credibility,” the ADL said.