Latest News

Police offer $100,000 reward for evidence in the Israeli Consulate and Jewish club bombings in Australia

By Mason White 3:17 PM June 7, 2013
Scene of the bombing 

By: Shifra Unger
(Scroll down for video) Police are stepping up their efforts to get several suspects convicted of terror related charges after their role in bombing two Jewish targets, according to a statement released by police in Sydney, Australia.

Police said they know who they want to charge for the 1982 bombings of the Israeli Consulate in Sydney and the Hakoah Jewish club in Bondi, but they lack of evidence.

The government of New South Wales today offered a reward of $100,000 for information leading to the conviction of those responsible for the terrorist attacks that injured two people and caused significant damage.

Wayne Gordon, head of the research brigade against terrorism, said the reward is to appeal to anyone in the community to submit further information about the incidents.

A total of three men and a woman are considered the main suspects in the incidents.
He said police identified the fourth suspect, a man, by a statement from a witness who saw him next to three people who were at the vehicle used to facilitate the bombing.

The suspects live in Sydney and Chief Commissioner Gordon acknowledged that the reward may even be an incentive for the suspects to surrender each other.

The attacks occurred on December 23, 1982, at the Consulate General of Israel on William Street in Sydney, and in a vehicle parked in the parking lot of the Hakoah Club.

The case was reopened in August last year.
“We live here,” Detective Superintendent Gordon said. “We will not live in fear,” he added.
“I think we have a conscience in this area for people to come forward,” he also said.Mobile video not loading? Click here to view