Utah beauty queen gives up her crown after throwing bombs at homesBy Mason White 5:21 AM August 15, 2013
|Kendra McKenzie Gill|
By: Moses Gold
(Scroll down for video) A beauty queen was forced to give up her crown after she was accused of throwing bombs at homes, according to beauty pageant officials.
The Utah beauty contest winner, who was charged last week with throwing bombs at homes from a vehicle, said she has given up her crown.
Kendra McKenzie Gill, 18, called the incidents a “stupid mistake” and said she wanted to give her title of Miss Riverton before pageant officials stripped her of it.
As we reported earlier, a beauty queen was arrested and charged with felony charges after she threw bombs at several residential homes, according to police reports in Utah.
Riverton Police said that the winner of the Miss Riverton beauty contest is one of four 18-year-olds accused of throwing bombs at houses.
Investigators said that Kendra McKenzie Gill, who was crowned Miss Riverton two months ago, was allegedly throwing firebombs at several houses in Riverton Friday night to Saturday morning along with John Patrick Reagh, Shanna Marie Smith and Bryce Christopher Stone.
Unified Fire Authority Captain Clint Mecham said authorities received several calls on Friday night to report that incendiary devices were being ejected from a vehicle at several homes in Riverton.
Police said the group used plastic water bottles containing aluminum foil and a chemical.
Investigators said that one of the bombs was thrown near the house of Stone’s former girlfriend. Eyewitnesses said that Stone was driving a vehicle similar to the one seen being used by the suspects during the attacks.
Police said Stone admitted to scaring people with fireworks as a joke and he implicated Gill, Smith, and Reagh as being involved.
All four suspects admitted to the allegations, police said. They were booked on a first degree felony charge of detonation of an incendiary device.