Latest News

Man falls to death during his bachelor party

By Mason White 10:19 AM August 20, 2013
Dirk Anderson 

By: Debbi Gross
(Scroll down for video) A bachelor party turned into a nightmare after the groom died.

Dirk Anderson, 29, enjoyed a night out with his friends at Lady Luck Casino in Colorado.

At about 5:00 am Anderson was sitting on the sill of an open window on the 11th floor room at the Lady Luck Hotel and Casino in Black Hawk, when the screen on which he leaned on gave way, sending the groom flying out the window.

Anderson of Thornton, Colorado, landed on the roof of a parking garage, five levels below, police said.
Although there was alcohol at the bachelor party, investigators said they do not know if Anderson had been drinking before his fall.

Authorities are awaiting the toxicology reports, which will determine if alcohol played a role in the accident.
The Facebook page of Anderson shows his occupation as an electrician.

In another incident, a groom died after playing a drinking game with his friends.
The groom collapsed after allowing his friends to pour alcohol down his throat during his bachelor party.

Paul Tobutt, 38, died at his own bachelor party in Spain after a senseless drinking game, where his friends poured alcohol down his throat. The groom consumed about a liter of alcohol.
After a lot of drinking, Tobutt collapsed and was taken back to his hotel room by friends who kept an eye on him to make sure he was fine.

They watched over the groom until they finally went to bed themselves. When his seven friends woke up the next morning they found Tobutt cold and unresponsive. They tried to revive him, but he was pronounced dead by paramedics.
Tobutt was due to marry his girlfriend Maria Matthews, 29.

After hearing about his son’s death, Peter, of Bridport, Dorset, United Kingdom, criticized the drinking game as “senseless”.
“I am surprised that in Spain you can put people in these chairs and pour alcohol into them. I don’t think that would happen in this country,” he said.

Pathologist Dr. Mark Deverell said that the groom died of acute alcohol poisoning and coroner Sheriff Payne recorded the death as accidental.