Man turns green after eating too many snails


The man who turned green 
By: John Roberts

A man was rushed to a hospital after he turned green because he ate too many snails, according to hospital officials in China.

The man, 24, was hospitalized in Guizhou Province, China, after eating too many river snails too often and turned green as a result.
He turned green due to a parasitic infection in the liver, hospital officials said .

The Chinese Center for Disease Control confirmed that he was infected by parasitic worms that live in the liver of animals.
The parasite apparently entered his body as he was eating snails from the river on a daily basis.

"Usually I like to eat fried river snails, especially in recent months, I've been eating a bowl every night," he said.

He began to complain of severe abdominal pain about two months ago, but did not seek medical attention until his body started to show some very strange symptoms.

His skin and the whites of his eyes began to turn green.

Concerned, he visited several hospitals in the province of Zhejiang, but he was not be properly diagnosed until he admitted himself into the Guizhou Aerospace Hospital in Guizhou.

"I was afraid of my own reflection, I looked like The Incredible Hulk," the young man said.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE