Weatherman accidentally eats cat vomit during live television reportBy Mason White 12:46 PM October 11, 2013
By: Debbi Gross
(Scroll down for video) A weatherman brought laughter to many after he mistook cat vomit for grape nuts.
Scot Haney, a weatherman in Hartford, Connecticut, accidentally ate cat vomit on live television.
During the morning newscast, Haney picked up what he thought was grape nuts off of the studio floor and took it into his mouth. “They’re a little soggy. They taste like shoes,” he said while he was chewing the “nuts”.
The crew could not help but laugh at him at his misfortune, when he realized it was not grape nuts, but rather his cat’s dried out vomit.
When he realized the disgusting mistake, Haney came back on air and made an announcement: “Ladies and gentlemen, those were not grape nuts that I ate. I kept finding more and more of it on the floor. I thought it was grape nuts,” Haney told viewers, holding up his shoe.
“My cat threw up, and I must have stepped in it and that’s what I ate. I ate cat vomit, right here on television. It’s disgusting. I’m going to throw up!” He said.
While it is very funny, some people have expressed their scepticism.
“I think this video was staged, set-up and they’re all acting. It’s a fake. They wanted to see if they could go viral,” Saltine Warrior wrote.
“Why would a grown man pick grape nuts or any food from the floor and then eat it?” Another wrote.