4 arrested after beating Borough Park man, 24, in racist ‘Knockout Game’ attack

Amrit Marajh 
By: Shifra Unger

(Scroll down for video) Four men were arrested and charged with assault as a hate crime after beating a 24-year-old man in a racist “Knockout Game” attack, according to police reports in New York.

Brooklyn Police said that they arrested the four people on Friday.

The attack occurred about 2:30 a.m. at 18th Avenue and East Second Street in the Borough Park section of Brooklyn, and is being investigated as a hate crime.

The members of the Orthodox Jewish community, who gathered outside the 66th Precinct, said that they are happy about the arrests.

The victim apparently was heading home from work when he was surrounded by a group of Hispanic men about 20-years-old.

After being attacked, the victim managed to escape serious injury and called a Haredi vigilante group known as Shomrim Patrol, who contacted the police.

Officers responded to the scene and arrested the four suspects.

So far, 28-year-old Amrit Marajh of Brooklyn, was charged with aggravated assault as a hate crime, third degree assault as a hate crime, and third degree simple assault.

Arab man, 21, arrested after threatening passengers on London to Tel Aviv flight

British Airways flight illustration 
By: David Ross

A young Arab Israeli man was arrested and will be charged with making terroristic threats after threatening passengers on a flight from England to Israel, according to police reports in Israel.

Tel Aviv Police said that they arrested the 21-year-old man on Saturday, after threatening passengers on a British Airways flight from London to Tel Aviv.

He was also accused of running wildly around the plane and screaming "I will kill you all."

The cabin crew alerted security at Ben Gurion Airport about the dangerous man, and he was arrested upon landing by a security team that boarded the plane.

The man was checked for weapons before being brought in for questioning about his belligerent behavior he exhibited during the flight.

Security officials said that they believe the suspect acted independently, and he is not part of a terror group.

Strip club donates their proceeds to charity

Burke and Hare 
By: Ryan Lee Hall

A strip club is offering its customers “guilt free” lap dances by donating the proceeds from services to charity.

The guilt free lap dances is being offered by Burke and Hare, which is located in West Port, Edinburgh, Scotland.

The lap dances are also being offered at a fifty percent discount in order to raise money for an injured friend.

“I do not know if it is a first in Edinburgh, but we thought it was a good way to raise money for charity," a club spokesperson said.

"Certainly, it will not be your average Sunday afternoon tea and cake sale. All the girls are a little nervous, because it is soon set to begin, but we're hoping that everything will be fine,” the spokesperson added.

Not everyone is happy with the fundraiser. Some critics argue that there are better ways to contribute to good causes.

New York woman spends $3,000 to get jewelry implanted in her eye

Lucy Luckayanko shows off her new eye jewel 
By: John Roberts

(Scroll down for video) Women are known to love jewelry, but to have it implanted in the eye is a different story.

As of now, Lucy Luckayanko is the only New Yorker to have an eye-stud.

She spent $3,000 on a procedure to have a heart-shaped piece of platinum inserted into the white of her right eye.

Harvard and NYU trained Doctor Emil Chynn of Park Avenue Laser Vision in New York, performed the procedure.

To do this, Chynn first injected an anesthetic into Luckayanko’s eye. He then made ​​a small incision in her eye. Using forceps, he placed the 3.5 mm platinum stud in her eye.

The procedure took only a few minutes, and Lucy went home with her new jeweled eye shortly thereafter.

Chynn said it is very safe.

"It's a very thin piece of platinum that is designed to be inserted into the top of the eye, and there is no risk of blindness at all," he said.

"One could have some local bleeding that disappears after a few days or weeks. She could have gotten an infection, but we prevented it with antibiotics," the doctor added.

The American Academy of Ophthalmology warned consumers about the potential dangers. They said that there is insufficient evidence to support the safety or therapeutic value of this procedure, and that people should avoid putting anything in the eye that has not been approved by the FDA.

A few days after the procedure, Luckayanko said she did not have any problems or pain from her new accessory.

“50 percent of my friends think I am crazy, but the other 50 percent think it is super cool,” she said.

If she wants to change the heart to another stud, it could be done for $1,000.

Newlyweds return from honeymoon to find dog sitter sold their belongings including wedding video

Newlyweds Barry and Claire Holt and Samuel Hawker 
By: Eva Fett

A man was arrested after he sold the belongings of a newlywed couple.

The newlyweds returned home from their honeymoon to find their dog sitter had sold all their belongings.

Barry Holt, and his wife Claire, both 33, returned from their honeymoon in Alicante, Spain, to find many items from their home in Laindon, Essex, United Kingdom, had disappeared

The couple had trusted their friend, Samuel Hawker, 23, to take care of the property and their two dogs while they were away.

However, Hawker betrayed that trust when he took their jewelry, XBox, cameras, and other items to a local pawn shop and received less than $250 for everything.

The couple estimated that the gold jewelry alone was worth about $8,000.

Hawker also pawned a video camera, which contained the video of the couple’s wedding.

The devastated couple called police and Hawker was arrested.

"I am devastated as he was a trusted friend. Most things he stole had great sentimental value and cannot be replaced,” a heartbroken Mrs. Holt said.

“We did not even watch our wedding video before he took the camera away. It is absolutely irreplaceable,” she added.

"We are still very angry about the betrayal of our trust. If one cannot trust friends, who can be trusted?” Barry Holt said.

"I gave this guy his first job years ago, and I've known him since he was 15-years-old, so I thought I could trust him,” he added.

"We do not know why he did it. The low amount of money he got for the items is ridiculous,” the couple said.

Police were able to recover some of the items, including the camcorder, but sadly, the couple’s wedding video had been deleted.

Hawke was charged with theft and fraud after he falsely claimed to be the owner of the goods he pawned.

Self proclaimed ‘Pothead Princess’ tweeted ‘2 Drunk 2 Care’ before killing two women in car crash

Victims Kaitlyn Ferrante and Marisa Catronio (left)
suspect Kayla Mendoza (right) 
By: Moses Gold

(Scroll down for video) Two families were left devastated after their daughters were killed by a
negligent drunk driver.

Kayla Mendoza, 20, of Hallandale Beach, Florida, took the life of two young and innocent women after she drove in the wrong direction on the Sawgrass Expressway near Coral Springs.

Mendoza referred to herself as the Pothead Princess because she was always high on drugs or alcohol, according to her tweets.

Sadly, she made a very bad decision to drive while she was drunk.

Seems like Mendoza knew that she was doing something wrong, because earlier she tweeted “2 drunk 2 care.”

While driving the wrong way she crashed head-on with a car carrying two young women.

20-year-old Kaitlyn Nicole Ferrante, was driving while her friend, Marisa Catronio, 21, sat in the passenger seat.

Catronio died instantly, and Ferrante died a few days later in a hospital.

Other posts on Mendoza's Pothead Princess twitter account reportedly read:

“My car permanently smells like weed”
“I have a test at 8:00 a.m., why am I drunk right now”
“I really am so baked right now”

Mendoza is still in the hospital in serious condition. Charges against her are pending.

Burrito mistaken for bomb at Oklahoma City police station

Burrito wrapped in foil 
By: Eva Fett

If you thought that police officers know better you were mistaken.

Police officers in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, mistook a burrito for a bomb.

The bomb scare at the police station occurred on Thursday, and police officers were not amused.

A man brought a thermos type container into the Santa Fe Briefing Station, located at 9000 South Santa Fe Avenue, on Thursday afternoon. The man said that he found the container in his garden and realized that tinfoil was protruding from the lid, police Captain Dexter Nelson said.

Officials said told the man to leave the container outside, and the police bomb squad X-rayed the item, Nelson said.

Authorities were cautious about it because it was very heavy and foil was protruding from the top.

After the scan it was determined that the container held a burrito, Nelson said.

Although the item was considered harmless, Nelson said that police are advising residents not to bring suspicious items to the police stations.

"If you think that an item might be dangerous, do not touch or move it," he said. "Call the authorities and we will investigate it there," he added.


Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...