Latest News

Dog blows up its owners house after chewing on deodorant can

By Mason White 8:58 AM January 10, 2014
Zeus 

By: Shifra Unger
A man’s house was burned after his dog decided to chew on a deodorant can to relieve a toothache, according to fire officials in the United Kingdom.

Zeus bit off more than it could chew when it sank the teeth into the can, as it later exploded.

The dog played with the can for a few minutes , but soon got bored and left it next to the fireplace.

The explosion was so strong that it broke the double glazed windows in the living room and set fire to the couch.

The total cost of damage is thought to be about 2,000 pounds ($3,000).

Kerry Leech, 20, and his partner Mathew Heckler, 22, knew there is trouble when they received a text message saying that their house is on fire.

They returned to find two fire trucks with flashing blue lights, and two teams of firefighters trying to tackle the flames.

“We were in the car when we received texts saying that our house was blown up, and then we were told the room window had blown out. I was panicking about our pets and ran back. We saw the flashing lights, two fire trucks were outside the house and the street was blocked off. We thought someone had put something through the mail or there had been a gas explosion,” Leech said.

Fortunately, Zeus and several other pets managed to escape the blaze in Goldthorpe, South Yorkshire.