Latest News

2-year-old girl chokes to death while drinking Coca-Cola

By Mason White 5:16 PM January 21, 2014
Coca-Cola drinks illustration 

By: Ryan Lee Hall
Parents of a little girl are shocked after their child choked to death while drinking a soft drink, according to hospital officials in Israel.

Magen David Adom said that Shira Levin, 2, of Safsufa, died on Monday, after choking on the drink.

Levin was drinking Coca-Cola from a cup and choked on it while drinking. Magen David Adom paramedics who arrived at the scene, gave the girl primary medical care and transported her to Ziv Hospital in Safed in critical condition. The girl later died at the hospital.

The girl left behind her grieving parents, Yuval Levin and Avigayil Levin. She also left behind her uncle, Chabad rabbi Meyer Massas.

Her funeral took place on Monday, in her home city of Safsufa.