Woman terrified to sleep in her own bed after being bitten by spiderBy Mason White 11:31 AM January 22, 2014
|Black widow spider illustration|
By: David Ross
A middle aged woman is refusing to sleep in her own bed after she was bitten by a nasty spider, according to hospital officials in the United Kingdom.
Alison Blackburn, 49, was in so much pain after suffering from a spider bite on her foot, she was taken to a hospital where doctors drained poison from her body.
Blackburn is terrified to sleep in her own bed, where she was bitten by the spider. She could not locate the spider that bit her, and she is afraid that the spider will bite her again.
The woman woke up at 4:00 a.m. earlier this month, complaining of a sharp pain in her stomach.
Her partner, Gary Pelatt, noticed that her foot was red, and within hours, her foot and ankle became very swollen.
“I kept going from hot to cold. I was shaking, and I was in a lot of pain,” Blackburn said.
When the swelling became worse, she was rushed to a hospital where doctors gave her antibiotics. She developed a rash with swelling, and it was decided that the foot needs to be drained from the venom.
Now, she is afraid to go back to bed.