Man shocked after choking on fishing line while eating at Ocean Garden BuffetBy Mason White 12:22 PM January 26, 2014
|Fishing rod illustration|
By: John Roberts
(Scroll down for video) A man who was enjoying a good meal at the Ocean Garden Buffet in Toledo, Ohio, suddenly found himself choking on a fishing line, according to a report by Toledo News Now.
Carl Sanderson said that while he was eating crab, he felt something tickling in the back of his throat.
“I felt something on the side of my lip, so I grabbed it, pulled and it was a fishing line, about a foot long,” Sanderson said.
Sanderson said he was having dinner with his girlfriend Jodi Gibson. They called the waitress and asked to speak to the manager.
The manager however, said that it was Sanderson’s fishing line.
The manager of Ocean Garden Buffet said that the seafood is pre-cooked, so there was no way for them to see if something is in the food.
“We do everything we can to prevent anything from happening to our food,” the manager said.