Latest News

Baby girl nearly chokes to death after bone was inside her baby food

By Mason White 1:59 PM January 30, 2014
Bone illustration 

By: Hydar Tomar
A baby nearly choked to death after a piece of bone somehow made its way into her baby food, a mother in the United Kingdom said.

Food giant Heinz, said that it launched an investigation into claims that an eight-month-old baby almost choked on a piece of bone found in baby food.

Kirsty Austin said that her daughter Cydney, began choking when the bone became lodged in her throat.

The 36-year-old mother said that she was able to pull the bone from the child’s throat.

The mother said that when her child began to cough she thought it was spaghetti, but when she put her finger inside her mouth she felt something hard.

Luckily, she was able to pull it out.

Heinz said it would carry out a full investigation into the complaint, and called it an isolated incident.