Latest News

Teen girl dies after inhaling household cleaning product Dust-Off

By Mason White 2:13 PM January 1, 2014
Shayla Ream 

By: Shifra Unger
A family was left broken-hearted when a teen died from inhaling a household cleaning product.

Shayla Ream was only 19-years-old. She was pretty and had a full life ahead of her. However, she made a fatal decision to get high by inhaling a cleaning product.

The teen was discovered unconscious in her bedroom after inhaling the compressed gas in Dust-Off cleaner.

Dust-Off is a popular drug of choice for teenagers, as it is available in most convenience stores.

It was reported that each year, over 2.6 million teenagers between the ages of 12 and 17, are using household cleaners to get high.

Ream was studying to become a wedding planner before she died.

She is survived by her mother Tina Osborne, her stepfather Doug Osborne, her sister Cassandra Ream, and her grandparents Margaret and Billy Ream, and Bonnie and Bob Osborne.