School girl hospitalized after swallowing bullet while drinking orange juice during lunchBy Mason White 5:49 AM February 3, 2014
|Orange juice in cup illustration|
By: Sanvi Rizvi
A little girl was rushed to a hospital after she swallowed a bullet that was inside her orange juice, rescue workers in the United Kingdom said.
Paramedics said that eight-year-old Suncica Jovic sipped orange juice while she was in school and began to choke.
A teacher who realized that the girl was in trouble, managed to help her cough up what she had swallowed.
School officials called police after she spit out a live bullet.
The girl was taken to the hospital to check that none of the chemicals in the bullet had seeped into the fruit juice, and to make sure that there was no injury to her throat.
The girl was released from the hospital later in the day. The girl’s parents and the police are investigating how the bullet could have gotten into the carton of orange juice.
The orange juice was packaged in Italy.