Latest News

Man paralyzed after portable toilet tips over while inside

By Mason White 3:52 AM February 10, 2014
Portable toilet illustration 

By: Aarav Sen
A man will never use a portable toilet again after becoming paralyzed while using one.

Now, the man has received $5 million for his injuries, a court in Pennsylvania has ruled.

The court has heard that the man was left paralyzed from the shoulders down after his family overturned the portable toilet using their car.

The incident happened when Donald Adams III, was on a camping trip with two of his relatives when he needed to use the toilet. While he was inside, his relatives decided to back their vehicle into the toilet to lock him inside.

They told investigators that they did that as a joke.

According to the lawsuit, Adams’ cousins tipped over the toilet when they hit it.

Unfortunately, Adams landed on his neck and the injury left him quadriplegic.

Adams and his wife sued the manufacturer of the toilet and the installer, claiming that the toilet was installed incorrectly.

The defendants blamed the cousins for Adams’ injury. However, the court held the defendants responsible.