Latest News

Girl, 13, hurt after iPhone in her pocket caught fire during class

By Mason White 3:20 PM February 2, 2014
iPhone in back pocket illustration 

By: Aarav Sen
(Scroll down for video) A teenage girl was hurt when her iPhone caught fire.

School officials in Maine, said that a 13-year-old suffered first and second degree burns when her iPhone caught fire
during class.

The problem started when she placed her phone in her back pocket before sitting down at her desk.

Suddenly, the girl heard a popping sound and noticed smoke coming from her back pocket.

The girl dropped to the floor and removed her pants. Her teacher brought her a blanket to cover herself.

It is believed that the phone “shorted out” when she sat down on it.

The eighth grader was taken to a hospital where she was treated and released.