Latest News

Woman’s stomach explodes during surgery causing room to catch on fire

By Mason White 2:38 PM February 12, 2014
 

By: Aarav Sen
(Scroll down for video) A woman of China, was taken to a hospital with severe stomach pains and swelling.

When doctors examined her, they learned that her entire stomach had ruptured. Doctors were forced to operate on the 58-year-old woman.

The woman had been binge eating and drinking alcohol prior to the incident.

During the operation, the woman’s abdomen released gas, resulting in the operating room catching on fire.

Wang Hao, a doctor at the Nanjing Drum Tower Hospital, said that the alcohol in the woman’s stomach lit on fire after coming into contact with the scalpel.