Family flees their home after hundreds of deadly spiders pop out from bunch of bananasBy Mason White 12:43 PM March 12, 2014
By: Hydar Tomar
A family was left traumatized after hundreds of deadly spiders popped out from a bunch of bananas.
31-year-old Jamie Roberts, said that his family fled in panic after realizing that their fruit was infested with a spider nest containing hundreds of bugs.
Roberts suffers from a fear of spiders, and his wife Crystal, 30, called pest controllers, who advised them to leave their home in Hednesford, Staffs, United Kingdom, immediately. The couple, along with their two children, Georgina, 7, and Joshua, 5, left their home and stayed away for three days until their home was declared bug free.
The species of spiders have not been officially identified, but the family believes they were the world’s most venomous Brazilian Wandering Spider.
The incident began after they bought bananas from their local shop and placed them in a fruit bowl on the windowsill in the kitchen. Several days later, the window curtain was covered in spiders.
The bunch of bananas were purchased at a OneStop store near their home. The family is now waiting for pest controllers to confirm if the spiders were of the deadly species.