Woman’s dog swallowed alive by snake after being chained in backyard (video)By Mason White 5:30 PM March 17, 2014
|The snake after it swallowed a chained dog|
By: Anika Rao
(Scroll down for video) A woman is upset after her pet dog was swallowed alive by a hungry snake in her backyard, the Wildlife Information Rescue and Education Service of Australia said.
When the woman of Lismore, went outside to check on her dog, a Chihuahua-Maltese cross, she found an 8 foot (2.5 meters) python in its place.
She reported that her dog’s body was still visible inside the snake. The woman said that she chained to the dog so it does not harm the wildlife nearby, but instead, the wildlife hurt her dog.
When WIRES volunteers arrived to the home, they found that the python was still in the doghouse with the chain coming out of its mouth. The snake may undergo surgery to have the chain removed.
WIRES warned dog owners to keep their pets indoors.