Latest News

Woman seen on video breaking her fingers to save choking dog whose leash got stuck in elevator doors

By Mason White 11:49 AM March 30, 2014
Tamara Seibert and her dog Vado 

By: Anika Rao
(Scroll down for video) A dog is lucky to be alive after its leash became stuck in elevator doors, a video uploaded to the Internet showed.

The incident occurred when a woman’s beloved dog, Vado, was hoisted into the air after the leash got caught between the closed doors of the descending elevator.

25-year-old Tamara Seibert of Toronto, Canada, said that she thought that the dog will die. She called the experience one of the most traumatic of her life.

Seibert was able to save her dog by freeing the dog from the leash that was choking its neck. The woman however, broke two fingers in the process.

The incident was caught on the building’s surveillance video camera. Seibert has published the video on her Facebook page in order to warn others to be aware of the dangers of elevators.

The Ryerson University student admitted that she had been negligent in not watching her dog carefully. She wrote on her Facebook page that she had posted the video to draw attention to how dangerous it can be to get a leash or clothes, like a scarf or dress, caught between elevator doors.