Teacher fired after giving dog treats to 75 school kidsBy Mason White 1:09 PM June 9, 2014
|Dog treats illustration|
By: Hydar Tomar
(Scroll down for video) A teacher was fired after allegedly giving dog treats to school children, school officials in Pennsylvania said.
Parents in New Hanover Township, are extremely angry after learning what happened at the New Hanover-Upper Frederick Elementary School.
The superintendent of the Boyertown Area School District, notified parents that an assistant gave pet treats to 75 fourth graders. One student said that the teacher first said that the cookies were dog treats, but she later said that they were real cookies.
As a result, she ate three cookies. Parents and community members said that they are surprised to hear that such a thing happened at school.
The label on the dog treats states that it is not harmful to people, unless they have a food allergy. However, some community members said that the teacher should not have been penalized.
The school contacted the police and the teacher was suspended pending the outcome of the investigation.