Latest News

Restaurant chef killed after being bitten by poisonous snake head while preparing exotic dish (video)

By Mason White 1:33 PM August 24, 2014
Severed snake head trying to bite chef 

By: Anika Rao
(Scroll down for video) A restaurant chef is dead after being bitten by a poisonous snake head, doctors in China said.

Witnesses at the scene said that Peng Fan, was cooking a bowl of cobra soup when he was bitten by the snake head, 20 minutes after it was cut.

He was preparing the rare Asian delicacy when the severed cobra head bit him and injected its poison while he was throwing the head into the pot.

Fan died before he could be treated at a hospital with an antidote.

“There was nothing that could be done to save the man. Only the antidote might have helped, but this was not given in time. It was just a tragic accident,” a police spokesperson said.