Latest News

Dog gets extremely sick after eating 44 socks (video)

By Mason White 9:58 AM September 5, 2014
Socks removed from dog’s stomach 

By: Aarav Sen
(Scroll down for video) A dog became extremely sick after it ate about 44 socks, a spokesperson for an animal hospital in Oregon said.

The 3-year-old Great Dane was continuously vomiting when its owner took it to the emergency animal hospital.

An X-ray showed a full stomach with a large amount of foreign material. After two hours of surgery, Dr. Ashley Magee said that she removed about 44 socks from its stomach.

“This is perhaps the strangest case in the history of the hospital,” DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital spokesperson Shawna Harch said.

The dog has since recovered and released from the hospital. The DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital is located in Portland.