Latest News

Fire breaks out during fire drill at the God’s Bible School and College

By Mason White 2:17 PM September 8, 2014
Cincinnati Fire Department illustration 

By: Sanvi Rizvi
Schools try to prepare students to handle difficult situations in life including fires.

However, during a recent fire drill, one school in Ohio, suffered real damage.

It began about 7:30 p.m. when the Cincinnati Fire Department was finishing a ladder exercise with students at God’s Bible School and College on Young Street, when one of the firefighters saw black smoke coming from the roof.

Firefighters entered the building and found smoke on the third floor. They called for backup to fight the real fire.

The fire was brought under control within 15 minutes of the discovery. The cause of the fire was ruled to be an electrical issue, which began from an exhaust fan in the bathroom.

Damage was estimated at $5,000. Thankfully, no one was injured.