Latest News

Girl dies and her friend is hospitalized after sharing E-coli infected turkey sandwich

By Mason White 11:39 AM September 11, 2014
Serena Profitt and Brad Sutton 

By: Aarav Sen
(Scroll down for video) A family outing turned tragic when two young kids got very sick.

Two family friends of Oregon, were at a restaurant for dinner where their two young children shared a turkey sandwich.

The children became ill and were hospitalized. 4-year-old Serena Profitt of Portland, tested positive for E-coli, and died from kidney failure and other complications.

Her 5-year-old friend, Brad Sutton, also became ill after sharing the turkey sandwich. His mother, Elizabeth Sutton, said that her son was undergoing dialysis.

For now, he is in stable condition, but doctors had warned that he might suffer a stroke or other complications. Oregon health officials and the Tacoma Health Department are investigating.