Latest News

Hot-looking woman gets permanent scar after dentist drill overheats and melts her lip

By Mason White 1:39 PM September 15, 2014
Jade Blinco 

By: Hydar Tomar
It was a devastating blow to the career of a gorgeous woman after a dentist melted iron on her lips.

24-year-old Jade Blinco of the United Kingdom, was an aspiring model when she was scarred for life by a faulty dentist drill, which overheated and melted on her lip.

Blinco went to the hospital in the city of Birmingham, to have her wisdom teeth removed when the tool used in her mouth overheated.

After a three year investigation, the National Health Service (NHS) found that the faulty equipment caused the injuries.

The Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust is taking full responsibility for the incident, which they admitted could have been avoided, and are negotiating an out of court settlement with Blinco.

“The last three years have been horrendous as I tried to come to terms with living with the horrible scar injury I was left with,” she said.

“I’ve always been afraid of dentists. I was afraid of needles and sitting in the dentist chair. I never expected that something like this could happen,” Blinco said.

She also said that she had been in pain for a few months with her wisdom teeth, but was too scared to go to a dentist.

However, when the pain was too much to handle, she was admitted to the hospital where the incident occurred.

A spokesperosn for the NHS Trust, said that since the incident, they have changed all hand held equipment to ensure that this problem does not happen again.