Latest News

Burger King slapped with lawsuit after soldier bites into burger full of needles

By Mason White 11:10 AM October 3, 2014
Burger King burger illustration 

By: Sanvi Rizvi
A U.S. soldier was injured after biting into a burger that contained needles, according to court documents filed in Hawaii.

46-year-old Clarke Bartholomew of Virginia was stationed in Hawaii, when he bit into the burger that he purchased at Burger King and was surprised to find that it contained needles.

As a result, he injured his tongue and another needle lodged in his intestine. Bartholomew was hospitalized and doctors removed the needle that lodged in his small intestine.

After he was released from the hospital, he sued Burger King.

Bartholomew was placed on medical retirement from the Army and he moved to Virginia, where he began to work for the U.S. Park Police.