Parents offer their son’s killer a place to stay and a job at their businessBy Mason White 5:11 PM October 22, 2014
|Deborah and Donald St. Laurent with their son’s killer|
By: Wayne Morin
(Scroll down for video) A killer will sleep in his victim’s home and work at the job meant for his victim.
Deborah and Donald St. Laurent have lost their son when he was shot in the head.
The couple of New Hampshire, believe that the shooting was an accident. Their son, Donald St. Laurent II, 29, was shot in the head by Christopher Bazar, who admitted being drunk and high when he fired the shotgun.
Bazar, now 30 years old, pleaded guilty to manslaughter and was sentenced to four to 10 years in prison. However, his sentence was reduced, mainly because of the victim’s parents begging Judge Jacalyn Colburn for leniency, saying that the shooting was not intentional.
He was granted parole on Thursday, and is expected to be released in a couple of weeks.
Deborah and Donald St. Laurent offered the murderer a house and a job once he is released from prison.
Bazar will move in with the victim’s mother in her home in Nashua. While the victim’s father will give him a job as a roofer at his construction company.
The two men had been like brothers and shared the apartment where the tragedy occurred. Moments after the shooting, Bazar was heard crying uncontrollably while telling a 911 operator what happened.
He later said that he had been drinking and smoking marijuana that night. Bazar said to have worked through his drinking problems and is ready to be released from prison.
The victim’s brother, Daniel St. Laurent, said that Bazar has struggled to cope with what he has done. “Killing your best friend is more of a punishment than the State of New Hampshire or anybody could give him.”