Latest News

Man electrocuted while installing mother-in-law’s dishwasher

By Mason White 10:13 AM November 14, 2014
Dishwasher illustration 

By: Chan Yuan
(Scroll down for video) A family is devastated over the loss of their beloved son-in-law, who died while helping them.

According to the initial investigation, the 33-year-old man of Daytona, Florida, was electrocuted when his wedding ring touched the live wire of a dishwasher that he installed for his in-laws.

Jason Ferguson of Port Orange, had completed the installation of the dishwasher, but returned to check the dishwasher after he heard a strange noise coming from it.

When he placed his hand in back of the machine, his wedding ring touched the wire that electrocuted him.

Family members soon realized that he was on his knees leaning against the dishwasher with his left arm extended behind the appliance and not moving.

Ferguson was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.