Popular singer dies after microphone gets stuck to his chest and electrocutes him during live performanceBy Mason White 4:06 PM November 26, 2014
By: Wayne Morin
A popular singer is dead after being electrocuted by a microphone during a live performance, rescue workers in Argentina said.
21-year-old Augustine Briolini, the lead singer of the rock band Krebs, collapsed after the electric shock stopped his heart.
Doctors spent an hour trying to revive him before taking him to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The rock band was promoting the release of their first ever album at a concert in Villa Carlos Paz.
21-year-old drummer Diego Regali and 22-year-old guitarist Gustavo Escober, said that they can’t believe what happened on stage.
The Krebs band was growing in popularity, and it had a large following locally. Just before he died, Briolini explained how music was his life.