Latest News

Violent gang kills innocent man at bar after mistaking him for person who slashed gang member’s face (video)

By Mason White 11:20 AM November 28, 2014

By: Mahesh Sarin
(Scroll down for video) A man was murdered because he looked similar to a man who slashed the face of a gang member, prosecutors in the United Kingdom said.

Now, four men have been sentenced at the Old Bailey, in connection with the murder of 34-year-old Christopher Foster, who was killed in a failed revenge attack.

Aytach Lisani, 33, of Sir Francis Way, Brentwood, previously pleaded guilty to murder at the same court. He was sentenced to life in prison and ordered to serve a minimum term of 23 years.

Billy Dove, 30, of Setchell Way, SE1, previously pleaded guilty to conspiracy and was sentenced to six years and six months in prison.

Ali Lisani, 38, of Nevendon Road, Basildon, Essex, who pleaded guilty to conspiracy, was sentenced to seven years and six months in prison.

Rocky Djelal, 34, of Layard Square, SE16, pleaded guilty to conspiracy and was sentenced to six years in prison.

The four men had previously appeared at the Old Bailey, along with Mohammed Aalamani, 30, of Quay View Apartments, Arden Crescent, E14, and Ricky Huggins, 31, of Dunlop Place, SE16.

Aalamani and Huggins, were both acquitted of conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm.

Joanna Stevens, 43, of Frean Street, SE16, and Michael Gore, 55, of Ramsfort House, Manor Estate, SE16, were acquitted of perverting the course of justice.

Investigating officer, Detective Chief Inspector John Sandlin of the Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC), said: “Chris Foster was an entirely innocent party just out for a drink that night. His only crime was looking similar to the person the defendants were hunting down when they seized the opportunity to attack the man they thought was responsible for an earlier incident, but they were wrong, and Chris Foster, a hard-working father, paid with his life.”

According to the police investigation, Chris Foster was standing with a friend in an alleyway outside the St. Christopher’s Inn pub on Borough High Street.

The two were enjoying a drink outside after an evening of visiting area pubs with friends.

A group of men, including some of the defendants, suddenly appeared. Their faces were hidden by hoods and scarves, and at least one had a bat and another had a knife.

Chris was stabbed once from behind in the back. He managed to get inside the pub where he collapsed on the floor. He died 90 minutes later, at the Royal London Hospital.

Chris was a father of a four-year-old girl.

The court heard the defendants had mistaken Chris for another man, who was in the same area that evening and was suspected of slashing the face of Lisani’s cousin.