22 cats die after being poisoned with antifreezeBy Mason White 1:35 PM December 1, 2014
By: Wayne Morin
Police in the United Kingdom, have launched an investigation after 22 cats died of antifreeze.
Now, members of parliament (MPs) want to regulate the sale of antifreeze to prevent similar attacks against cats.
MP Mark Spencer said the cat deaths in Calverton, Nottinghamshire, appear to be linked.
The royal society for the prevention of cruelty to animals (RSPCA), which is investigating the cat deaths, said it was unusual to have so many cases in one area.
Antifreeze contains ethylene glycol, which forms crystals within the animal, leading to kidney failure. Symptoms of poisoning include lethargy, vomiting and appearing drunk.
Police are looking for the suspect behind the poisonings, but so far, no arrests have been made.