Woman celebrating her 50th birthday sets her hair on fire while blowing out candlesBy Mason White 4:59 PM December 14, 2014
|Shelley Meyer sets her hair on fire|
By: Wayne Morin
A woman who was celebrating her 50th birthday, accidentally set her hair on fire, according photos uploaded to the Internet.
Ohio State Football coach Urban Meyer, had a minor emergency at 50th birthday dinner of his wife.
The incident unfolded on Thursday night, when Shelley Meyer was blowing out the candles of her birthday cake, when her hair caught on fire.
The moment was captured on camera by her daughter Nicki Meyer, who wrote: “You know you’re 50 when your hair is on fire. Shelley Meyer on fire. Literally. The most beautiful mother in the world! Never a dull moment.”
Fortunately, Shelley Meyer was not injured, and the family was able to laugh off the incident.
In April, a young woman got a nasty birthday surprise as her hair caught fire while blowing out her birthday cake candles.
The woman’s friends were singing “Happy Birthday” in French, as the birthday girl made her grand entrance.
However, as the woman was making herself comfortable on a chair and preparing to make her birthday wish by blowing out the birthday cake candles, her hair suddenly exploded in a ball of fire.
The woman’s friends are heard screaming in the background, but luckily, the fire quickly went out on its own. One friend said that the birthday girl took the whole incident like a champ.