Latest News

Dog burns down its owner’s house by playing with box of matches

By Mason White 5:32 PM December 15, 2014
The scene of the fire 

By: Feng Qian
A dog gave its owner some heartache by burning down his house, firefighters in Canada said.

The Yukon Fire Marshal said that the fire at the Mount Lorne, began with a dog chewing on a box of matches.

Investigators said that no people or dogs were injured in the fire, but the fire and smoke caused damage to the home. A spokesperson for the fire department said that the fire was out by the time firefighters arrived at the scene.

“The investigation has determined that this fire was the result of a dog chewing or playing with a box of matches.

“There were no injuries to people or pets as a result of this fire.

“This is a good reminder of how easy fires can be started! Matches and lighters should always be kept out of the reach of kids, dogs and cats,” the Yukon Fire Marshal’s Office said in a statement.