Latest News

Naked man goes on stabbing spree killing 2 people and injuring 4 others

By Mason White 12:50 PM December 19, 2014

By: Mahesh Sarin
A man was arrested, charged and convicted of murder after going on a stabbing spree, killing two people and injuring four others, prosecutors in New York said.

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance, Jr., announced that Christian Falero, 26, was found guilty in connection with the attack against six people.

The defendant was found guilty by a jury in New York State Supreme Court of the top charge in the indictment, Murder in the First Degree, as well as various charges of Assault, Attempted Assault, Robbery, and Burglary.

“Christian Falero embarked on a five-minute-long campaign of terror in his apartment building, in which six people were senselessly and brutally attacked – four of them elderly – and two people lost their lives,” said District Attorney Vance.

“For showing no regard for human life, a jury rightfully found him guilty of two counts of Murder in the First Degree. Manhattan is a safer place with violent criminals like this defendant off our city’s streets,” he added.

According to the police investigation, approximately 4:00 p.m., Falero attacked six people inside his apartment building on Riverside Drive at West 160th Street in Washington Heights. First, the defendant chased down and brutally beat a 22-year-old female home health aide by the building’s mailboxes on the first floor.

He then ran upstairs to the second floor, yelled “Fire!,” causing a 75-year-old resident to open her front door.

He immediately assaulted her, grabbed a knife from her apartment, and attacked her 81-year-old husband, Ignacio Collazo, fatally stabbing him multiple times.

Upon hearing the attack, two concerned neighbors opened their doors. Falero stabbed them both, killing 60-year-old Yan Zhi Wang and stabbing an 85-year-old woman nine times.

He then stole the cellphone of another concerned neighbor standing in the hall while she had been attempting to call police.

Falero then fled the building and was immediately apprehended by police.