Latest News

Woman killed after hooking up with her former boyfriend through Facebook for a night out (video)

By Mason White 4:36 PM December 23, 2014
David Hoyle 

By: Mahesh Sarin
(Scroll down for video) A woman was fooled into believing that her former boyfriend wanted to rekindle their old relationship, prosecutors in the United Kingdom said.

39-year-old David Hoyle repeatedly stabbed 43-year-old Rebecca Bamber, after the couple had spent the night together at her home on Mersey Road in Widnes.

A neighbor called the police when he heard screams coming from the house and then saw Bamber at her window covered in blood and mouthing “call the police.”

The Chester Crown Court heard that the neighbor called the police and went to the back of the house, where he saw Hoyle of Bradford, in the garden with Bamber.

She had collapsed on the ground and he was standing over her with a knife. The neighbor went back to his own house to find a weapon.

The neighbor was on the phone with the police when he went back to the garden, but Hoyle had already left. As he went back outside, he saw Hoyle driving away from the scene and smiling at him as he passed.

The neighbor gave police the car’s registration number and then went back into the house to see if anyone else was there.

A woman from a nearby shop came over to see what was happening, and the neighbor asked her to press some material onto Bamber’s wounds to stop the blood.

Police said that the neighbor was clearly distressed, breathing heavily and telling Bamber, “it’s all right Becky, I’m here, the police are on their way, it’s all right darling, stay awake.”

She was rushed to a nearby hospital, where she died.

Police caught up with Hoyle near to the Runcorn Bridge, but he rammed their vehicles and moved off onto the M56, where he was again stopped and Tasered.

He pleaded guilty to manslaughter, but the Crown Prosecution Service insisted that he be tried for murder.

Hoyle claims that he hadn’t meant to kill her despite the fact that he stabbed her 11 times with two different knives and three broken bottles.

The jury found Hoyle guilty of murder. The judge sentenced Hoyle to serve a minimum of 25 years in prison before he can be considered for parole.