Latest News

Wife horrified to find husband sleeping in burning bed

By Mason White 9:42 AM December 30, 2014
Fire illustration 

By: Chan Yuan
A woman was horrified to see her husband asleep in a burning bed, firefighters in Australia said.

The woman of Melbourne, saved the life of her husband after finding him asleep in his bed, which somehow caught on fire.

The incident began when the woman was alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm on Tuesday morning. She went looking for her husband, and she discovered that he was sleeping in his burning bed.

The woman managed to carry her husband out of the house to safety before firefighters arrived. No injuries were reported. Fire officials said that the incident underscores the importance of smoke alarms.

“The smoke detector saved their lives,” a spokesperson for the Melbourne Fire Department said. He said that about a third of smoke alarms are not working properly.

According to the initial investigation, the husband’s bed caught on fire by electric blanket. The fire destroyed the husband’s bedroom.