Mother drowns her newborn baby after being teased about her appearance

Newborn baby illustration 
By: Sanvi Rizvi

A mother was arrested and charged with murder after allegedly killing her own newborn baby, police in Nigeria said.

Bayelsa State Police said that they arrested a 27-year-old woman just hours after she gave birth.

Erebi Amgba dumped her baby into a bucket of water at 3:00 a.m. on Saturday.

Police said that the child was still covered in amniotic fluid when the mother was arrested.

The woman said that over the past few weeks she was constantly teased about her strange appearance, and that she had denied being pregnant.

Neighbors told police that Amgba wore long scarves around her waist in an effort to conceal her pregnancy.

The woman, who lives with her grandfather, gave birth to the child at home, which is located on Timivis Hotel Road.

A neighbor who heard a newborn baby crying, came over to the house to investigate and saw the baby in the bucket of water.

Woman gang raped and robbed by her social media friends

Kidnapped woman illustration 
By: Anika Rao

A man was arrested and three others are still on the run after being accused of gang raping a woman, a court in Nigeria has heard.

22-year-old Elizabeth John Adie of Nasarawa, told the court how she was raped by a group of men she met through the 2GO social media site.

22-year-old Agbo Emmanuel was charged with criminal conspiracy, intimidation, extortion, causing pain and rape. He was remanded into custody.

Bright Ochigbon, Junior Udewenga, and Anita, all of Aso Mararaba, are still running from police.

Adie told police that she got into a vehicle with the suspects, where she was threatened with knives.

The suspects took her bag, stole two BlackBerry phones and N8,000 ($50) in cash.

After stealing her belongings, the suspects took her to a house where they took chances raping her. The woman said that she tried to resist, but one of the suspects cut her with a knife.

Jews outraged after announcement on train ordered Jews to get off and get gassed at Auschwitz

Auschwitz 
By: Anika Rao

Jews around the world are angry after an extremely anti-Semitic message was announced on a train in Belgium.

A group of anti-Jewish passengers aboard the train used the public loudspeakers to tell Jews call to get off at Auschwitz and take a short gas shower.

The Belgian railway company SNCB, filed a complaint with the police.

The suspects somehow gained access to the speaker system on a train journey between Namur and Brussels.

“Ladies and gentlemen. We are approaching Auschwitz. All Jews are requested to disembark and take a short shower,” the announcer said.

According to the initial investigation, a group of haters managed to steal a set of keys from a conductor. The suspects then used the keys to gain access to the loudspeakers.

Police launched an investigation, but so far, no arrests have been made.

Black teens caught on video vandalizing Chabad Lubavitch center in Crown Heights

Criminal holding baseball bat illustration 
By: Hydar Tomar

Several black teens were caught on camera vandalizing a Chabad Lubavitch center in the Crown Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York, chabad.info reported.

The vandalism was discovered when the center’s rabbi, Gavriel Avichzer, arrived at the Chabad Center for Israelis on Wednesday morning.

Avichzer noticed that the sign at the entrance to the synagogue was broken and lying on the floor.

Avichzer said that this was not the first time black teens vandalized the center. He said that when the teens leave school, they sometimes throw snowballs or stones at the center.

Surveillance cameras recorded the incident that occurred on Tuesday evening. On the video, a group of black teens were seen approaching the center, when one of them took a baseball bat and hit the sign, until it broke and fell to the floor.

The police were notified, but so far, no arrests have been made.

Michael Jackson fans win 1 euro after filing lawsuit for emotional distress over the singer’s death

Michael Jackson illustration 
By: Devansh Dutt

(Scroll down for video) A group of people won a lawsuit against Dr. Conrad Murray, after they suffered emotional distress over Michael Jackson’s death.

The group of 34 people, who call themselves the "Michael Jackson Community,” have filed the lawsuit in a French court.

The group wanted to be compensated for their emotional distress over the superstar's death in 2009. Jackson Died of a drug overdose.

On Tuesday, a court in Orleans awarded 5 out of the 34 members money for their their suffering, saying that these five people proved that they suffered emotional damage following Jackson’s death.

Although they were only awarded one euro each (about $1.36), they still see it as a symbolic victory.

The Michael Jackson fans sued Dr. Conrad Murray, the doctor who supplied Jackson with the powerful drugs.

Murray was released from prison after serving half of a 4 year prison sentence for manslaughter.

Woman, 34, with no pants jumps out of boy’s bedroom window

Woman jumping out of window illustration 
By: Sanvi Rizvi

(Scroll down for video) A mother of three was caught in bed with a 15-year-old boy.

Keri Gonzalez, 34, of Arizona, was in the teen’s bed while his mother was sleeping in the next room.

The teen’s mother woke up from the noise the pair made in the bed. When she went to investigate, she saw Gonzalez jumping out of her son’s bedroom window with no pants on.

Gonzalez broke her ankle when she crashed to the floor after jumping from the second floor window.

The teen’s mother called police, and told them that the 34-year-old gave her son alcohol and pills.

Gonzalez denied the claims, and blamed the 15-year-old and his 18-year-old brother. She said the teens gave her something that made her drowsy and then they led her to the 15-year-old’s bedroom.

Gonzalez was arrested for sexual misconduct with a minor and providing false information to police.

17-year-old pretends to be Walmart manager before making off with $30,000

Cash illustration 
By: Anika Rao

(Scroll down for video) A teenage boy had an impressive and elaborate scheme to steal money from Walmart.

The 17-year-old was fired from his job at a Walmart in Oklahoma, and he decided to use his uniform to rob a different Walmart.

According to Sgt. Jeremey Lewis of the Moore Police Department, the teenager was an employee of a Walmart in Oklahoma City, when he was fired for allegedly stealing money from the store.

The teenager, who still had his uniform and name tag, went to a Walmart in nearby Edmond, where he pretended to be a Walmart employee and managed steal about $30,000.

When he arrived at the Edmond Walmart, he told the manager that he came to help out and to do inventory.

The manager put him to work at the register, where he worked for about six hours and took all the money he made, which was about $3,000 - authorities said.

He then went to the cash room where he helped an employee do some work.

When that employee left the room, the teenager stuffed about $30,000 into his pants.

When the manager of the Edmond Walmart realized what had happened, he called the police and notified the corporate headquarters.

Officer arrested the teenager. He was charged with grand larceny for obtaining money by false pretenses.


Man punished after his newlywed wife dies while BASE jumping

Amber Marie Bellows and Clatyon Butler 
By: Sanvi Rizvi

(Scroll down for video) A man who lost his wife during their honeymoon, is now facing 6 months in jail.

The National Park Service has demonstrated a lack of empathy for the man who lost his wife, by citing him for his wife's death.

Clatyon Butler, 29, received a summons on Tuesday, after BASE jumping in the Zion National Park with his wife on the weekend.

His wife, Amber Marie Bellows, 29, died during the jump after her parachute failed to open.

It is illegal to jump at National Parks in Utah.

Now, Butler is facing a misdemeanor that can carry a fine of up to $5,000 or six months in jail.

He has been ordered to appear before the Magistrate’s Court in St. George in the coming weeks.

Man dies after his head gets stuck in garbage bin while trying to retrieve something

Recycling bin 
By: Hydar Tomar

(Scroll down for video) A man lost his life when his head became stuck in a public recycling bin.

The Spanish pensioner, was found dead after getting his head stuck inside the thin opening of a paper recycling bin.

The 68-year-old is believed to have accidentally strangled himself after trying to retrieve an item from the bin in Mallorca.

Police patrolling the streets found the elderly man hanging from his neck.

The officers immediately removed the man from the bin and placed him on the floor in an attempt to save him.

However, the man was already dead for at least an hour.

According to the initial investigation, the man was out shopping and decided to throw away some old newspapers.

Officers believe that when he placed the paper inside the recycling bin, he accidentally dropped something along with the newspaper.

When he tried to retrieve the item, police believe he was trapped after the lid closed on his head.

He was left trapped with his head and hands inside the bin. His feet eventually gave way and he choked to death.

Father of two accused of paying 12-year-old to pose in lingerie

Hotel room illustration 
By: Devansh Dutt

(Scroll down for video) A man was arrested after he paid a 12-year-old girl to pose in lingerie and in the nude.

The British man, who is currently working in Kazakhstan, was charged with producing child pornography involving a 12-year-old girl.

Peter Baruch, 38, of London, allegedly paid between $65 and $100 for the girl to pose nude and in lingerie in her hotel room in Uralsk, northwestern Kazakhstan.

The abuse was discovered when the mother of the 12-year-old became suspicious because her daughter came home with large amounts of cash.

The woman looked through her daughter’s text messages and found inappropriate photographs of her daughter and other girls.

There was a message stating: “Have you bought underwear I told you to?”

The child replied: "Yes, I did."

"Well done my love," Baruch responded.

Kazakh Police raided his hotel room and found more than 600 photos of the girl and other adolescents on his computer.

Baruch works as a consultant for an oil company. He is a married man and a father of two girls, who are under the age of 5.

A judge dismissed the charges against Baruch because the police obtained the photos without a warrant.

However, prosecutors are appealing the case. Baruch faces nine years in prison if convicted.

20-year-old mother of 2 dies after getting crushed in an elevator while pushing her son to safety

Olga Tilinina with her son Maxim 
By: Aarav Sen

A Russian family was left devastated after an elevator took the life of a mother.

Olga Tilinina, 20, was killed in front of her two and half-year-old son in a horrific elevator accident in her apartment building near Moscow.

Tilinina was out with her husband and two kids. When they returned home, her husband, Dmitry Olga, 24, used the elevator to take the couple's one-year-old child Egor, upstairs.

Then, Tilinina took the same elevator with her older son Maxim.

She entered the elevator on the ground floor with her son when the elevator doors suddenly closed.

His legs were trapped between the doors, neighbors said.

The Russian mother pushed her son out of the way to safety.

The elevator began moving while the mother was jammed in the door.

She was killed in front of her son. When the traumatized Maxim joined his father, all he could say was: “Mom, leg.”

The grief-stricken husband said that he can't understand how this happened.

He spoke of how dedicated his wife was in raising their two children.

“I love you and I remember you. You will remain in my heart. Our children love you,” he told his deceased wife.

Neighbors told police that they had complained about the elevator for many years.

Man disappears after scalding his wife with hot water because she wanted a divorce

Ifeoma Oraka and Samuel Oraka 
By: Hydar Tomar

A man burned his wife with hot water and disappeared before police were able to arrest him.

Ifeoma Oraka, 35, of Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria, was taken to the hospital after her husband burned her.

Police are looking for Samuel Oraka, 44, who is originally from Angola, and has gone missing after hurting his wife.

Ifeoma Oraka is being treated at a hospital for burns on her neck, chest and arm.

Ifeoma Oraka told police that after Samuel Oraka poured the hot water on her, he pressed her to the floor and started rubbing her body with his bare hand.

"My skin was peeling as he was rubbing my body, I was in a lot of of pain," she said.

Mrs. Oraka said that she was fed up with her marriage and wanted to leave the relationship, but she was afraid of her husband's reaction.

She claims that Samuel Oraka was not only abusive to her, but was also abusive toward their four children.

Ifeoma Oraka claimed that her husband had beaten up two of their children for refusing to greet him.

Inmate who spent 41 years in solitary confinement dies just days after being released

Solitary confinement illustration 
By: Anika Rao

(Scroll down for video) It was a happy time for a Louisiana man, when his conviction was finally overturned after 41 years.

However, the man died three days after being released from prison.

Herman Wallace, 71, who spent 41 years in solitary confinement, died in New Orleans, at the home of a close friend.

Wallace was serving time for an armed robbery conviction after he and two other men allegedly killed a prison guard.

In 1974, Wallace and the other men were convicted of murder of the prison guard.

The men became known as the "Angola 3," and were transferred to solitary confinement, where Wallace spent more than four decades.

Recently, a federal judge overturned his conviction and ordered his immediate release.

Wallace was suffering from pancreatic cancer and died with friends and family at his bedside, just days after his release.

Father jailed after marrying off his 12-year-old girl to 26-year-old man

 
By: Anika Rao

(Scroll down for video) A man was arrested and charged with selling a child for sex after he allegedly married off his young daughter to a much older man, police in Australia said.

Sydney Police said a father is behind bars after marrying off his 12-year-old girl in a religious ceremony.

The 61-year-old is being charged with selling a child for sex.

The father was denied bail and the 26-year-old groom, who was also arrested, also remains in custody.

The groom was identified as Ahmad Chamma.

In Australia, the minimum legal marriage age is 18.

Father beats his 4-year-old son to death because he was possessed by the devil

Hidden room illustration 
By: Devansh Dutt

A little boy is dead after being beaten by his father because he was a devil child, police in Nigeria said.

Logos Police said that Chris Elvis of 7 Adetola Adelaja Street, allegedly beat his four-year-old son to death.

The father is accused of beating his son with a sharp object, inflicting cuts all over the body. The father told police that the boy was an Ogbanje, a term used for a devil child who dies and is reincarnated several times.

Elvis shut the lips of the child with a padlock to prevent him from screaming.

After beating his child to death, Elvis made an attempt to flee from the city.

However, Popoola, the owner of the house, alerted police. When police arrived at the scene, Elvis denied that anything happened. Police searched the house and found a hidden door. After breaking down the door, police made the gruesome discovery.

Neighbors told police that Elvis had been acting strange since he moved into the house last year.

Charges are still pending.

Man shoots himself so he can put a black man in jail

Man holding a shotgun illustration 
By: Aarav Sen

A man shot himself so he can blame a black man for the attack, police in California said.

Now, Redding Police said that the man admitted that he intentionally shot himself.

The police were called to the Shasta Regional Medical Center after a man was seeking medical attention for a gunshot wound.

When police arrived at the scene, they found 34-year-old Brent Thomas Posada, who said he was shot in his home, which is located in the 100 block of Hilltop Drive.

Posada told police that a black man approached him and pointed a gun to his head.

Posada said he pushed the suspect's arm aside when the gun went off, and a bullet hit his abdomen.

When police searched the area they could not find any evidence of an attack.

Investigators who were assigned to the case, found evidence that contradicted Posada’s story.

After being confronted by police, Posada admitted to making the story up. Charges are still pending.


Loading...

Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...