Leading U.S. rabbi forced off Temple Mount by out of control Israeli Muslims

Rabbi Meir Yaakov Soloveichik 
By: Anav Silverman

A leading U.S. rabbi who for the first time visited the Temple Mount, was attacked by a mob of out of control Israeli Muslims, the Tazpit News Agency reported.

For the first time since the beginning of the Passover holiday, the Temple Mount was opened briefly to Jewish visitors and tourists on Sunday.

The site had been closed last week, on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday because of violent Palestinian rioting. On Saturday night, five Muslims carrying tear gas were arrested as they tried to access the holy site.

However, this Sunday morning, U.S. Rabbi Meir Soloveichik and his family were able to experience two full minutes on the Temple Mount, considered to be one of Judaism’s holiest sites and where two Jewish Holy Temples stood for nearly a millennium.

The rabbi’s visit was cut short when violent rioting once again broke out at the holy site. The riots forced Rabbi Meir Soloveichik and his family, who were accompanied by Temple Institute International Director Rabbi Chaim Richman, off the site within two minutes of ascending.

Two police officers were injured in the confrontation, and 24 arrests have been made. Muslim worshipers threw concrete blocks and rocks at Israeli police.

The visit provided an opportunity for the influential U.S. rabbi to join the struggle for Jewish prayer and presence on the Temple Mount. The Islamic Waqf, which was given administrative control of the mount following the Six Day War in 1967, bans Jewish prayer and worship.

Rabbi Meir Yaakov Soloveichik is a world renowned U.S. Torah scholar, teacher and leader, who gave the invocation at the opening session of the 2012 Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida. He is the son of Rabbi Eliyahu Soloveichik, grandson of the late Rabbi Ahron Soloveichik and the great nephew of Rabbi Joseph B. Soloveitchik – all of whom are credited for founding what has become the Modern Orthodox movement of Judaism.

He currently serves as rabbi of the Sephardic Congregation Shearith Israel in New York City, the oldest Jewish congregation in the United States.

“We are honored to welcome Rabbi Soloveichik,” said Temple Institute International Director Rabbi Chaim Richman. “His visit to the Temple Mount this morning was both spiritual and emotional for all involved. Above all else, his visit sends a strong message to World Jewry that we cannot abandon our holiest site.”

Commenting on today’s incident, Rabbi Soloveichik expressed his dismay at the current situation.

“Under the current circumstances, even to go to the Temple Mount for two minutes was a tremendous privilege,” said Rabbi Soloveichik. “I am very much in favor of ascending the Temple Mount according to Halacha [Jewish law] and after taking the appropriate halachic precautions. It is critical for Jews to understand the importance of the Temple Mount. I applaud the increasing number of Orthodox rabbis and heads of yeshivot that are going to the holy site, and I predict we will see even more Jews ascending in the future.”

Hikers shocked to discover Second Temple era human bones inside West Bank cave

The human skull 
By: Aryeh Savir

A group of hikers were shocked to find human bones after they entered a cave in the West Bank, the Tazpit News Agency reported.

The surprised group of hikers in Gush Etzion stumbled across the human bones in the cave located near Ein Tzurim.

The hikers immediately called police, who came to investigate. However, the police officers who arrived at the scene, realized that this wasn’t a murder scene and called the Israel Antiquities Authority.

A preliminary examination indicated that the bones are apparently those of Jews from the Second Temple period. Davidi Perl, the mayor of the Gush Etzion Regional Council, discussed the discovery with the Tazpit News Agency.

“We’re talking about a very interesting discovery, and in retrospect, an incredibly important historical find that may add light on already existing evidence regarding Jewish life in this region, thousands of years ago,” Perl said.

“We should wait for an unequivocal statement on the findings. If it is determined that the findings demonstrate the presence of ancient Jewish presence in Gush Etzion, then this is an additionally significant and strong proof that we lived here in Gush Etzion, and are a link in the chain of generations of the people of Israel. In Gush Etzion is the Patriarch’s Path, the main road linking Hebron to Jerusalem and from there going up to Beit El and city of Shechem (Nablus),” Perl added.

It should be noted that the area of western Gush Etzion and Beit Guvrin, artifacts from the Second Temple period and the Bar Kokhba revolt have been repeatedly found, demonstrating the long term Jewish history and continuity in the region.

Businessman hospitalized after swallowing 12 bars of gold

Gold bars and coins illustration 
By: Devansh Dutt

(Scroll down for video) A businessman was arrested and charged with smuggling after doctors found 12 bars of gold in his stomach, police in India said.

The surgeons who removed the gold bars, said that they were stunned to find the twelve gold bars in the businessman’s stomach.

The 63 year old had been admitted to the hospital after vomiting and having difficulty going to the bathroom. He claimed that the reason for this was because he swallowed a bottle cap after arguing with his wife.

However, when the surgeons opened his stomach they found the gold bars. Doctors notified the police, and customs agents swooped in on the hospital and seized the gold.

The government of India last year tripled the import duty on gold to control precious metal demand.

Doctor CS Ramachandran was surprised by the gold discovery. “This is the first time I have recovered gold from the stomach of a patient. I remember having removed a bladder stone weighing 1 kilogram from a patient. However, finding gold in the stomach of a patient was incredible. It was a three-hour operation. He's an old patient and we had to be careful,” Ramachandran said.

The man was charged with smuggling nearly $15,000 worth of gold.

Man breaks into home and orders adults to leave so he can rape 4-year-old girl

Demetrio Campbell 
By: Sanvi Rizvi

(Scroll down for video) A man was denied bail in court after he terrorized a family and raped their 4 year old.

Demetrio Campbell, 27, of Chicago, Illinois, has been accused of kicking down the door of the house and then raping the 4 year old inside.

The 27-year-old ex-con first tried to lure the young girl and her older sister while they were playing outside, but the girls ran inside the house and locked the door behind them.

Campbell followed the girls and kicked the door down. Once inside, he instructed two adults to leave the home, and they did.

Campbell took the 4 year old into a bedroom and raped her. Once they were outside, the adults called police.

When police arrived they found the victim in her bedroom and Campbell was inside the bedroom closet smoking a cigarette.

He was arrested and charged with predatory criminal sexual assault and home invasion.

Judge Edward Bowden ordered Campbell held without bail. The judge also ordered him to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.

According to Campbell’s grandfather, Campbell has been in and out of foster homes since he was 8 years old and he is suffering from mental problems.

Man bites off ear of 21 year old who was found in bed with pregnant teenage girl

Jonathan Rios 
By: Hydar Tomar

(Scroll down for video) A man was arrested after he got his ear bitten off for sleeping with a young girl.

Jonathan Rios, 21, of Chicago, Illinois, began sleeping with the 14-year-old girl and got her pregnant.

The two continued the relationship for two years. The teen, who is now 16 years old, became pregnant again. She is five months pregnant with her second child.

One day, when the teen’s older brother arrived, he found Rios in the bed of his 16-year-old sister.

The angry brother attacked Rios and bit off half his ear. Police were called and Rios was arrested for having sex with the underage girl.

Despite missing half his left ear, Rios decided not to press charges against his attacker, who is the uncle of his baby.

A judge ordered Rios to be held on $900,000 bail for aggravated criminal sexual abuse.

Man seeking revenge licks police officer’s eyeballs while being arrested

Nicholas Christopher Hiatt 
By: Anika Rao

(Scroll down for video) A man called police for help, but instead he was arrested on an outstanding warrant.

Nicholas Christopher Hiatt, 34, of Montana, called police to report a theft at a bar.

However, when officers arrived at the Pisser's Palace bar they discovered that Hiatt had an active warrant for his arrest in a neighboring county.

Officers informed Hiatt that he is under arrest. Hiatt resisted as police tried to handcuff him.

After a struggle the police officers were able to handcuff the suspect. While officers were putting Hiatt in the patrol car he allegedly turned around and licked one of the officer’s eyeball.

This added to the man’s charges. Hiatt is now being held on $45,000 bond. His charges include felony assault and misdemeanor assault with bodily fluids.

7-year-old twins saved after kicking and beating carjacker with toy snake

The twins 
By: Devansh Dutt

(Scroll down for video) A woman placed her children in her car and ran back into the house to get her baby’s bottle.

However, when she came outside, she found that her car along with her 7-year-old twin boys and her 12-month-old baby were gone.

The children were found a few miles away from their home in Texas.

The children told police that one of them began hitting the car thief with their rubber toy snake while the other boy kicked him.

After the children would not stop, the irritated car thief pulled over and kicked the children out of the car, according to police in San Antonio.

The children ran to a woman’s house and told her that they have been kidnapped. Police arrived and took the children back to their parents.

The distraught parents and other family members were overjoyed to be reunited with their brave and unharmed children. The children were equally delighted to be back and safe with their parents.

Police said that they have identified a suspect in the case.

Christian school teacher caught in compromising position with 14-year-old girl

Eric Beasley insert 
By: Anika Rao

(Scroll down for video) A teacher is in trouble after he was caught red handed having sex with his student.

A police officer caught the teacher in a compromising position with the young girl in his car.

Eric Beasley, 24, was a biology at teacher the Zion Lutheran Christian School in Florida. According to Lighthouse Point police, Beasley and the 14-year-old girl were found partially nude in the back seat of his car.

Beasley is accused of having an ongoing inappropriate sexual relationship with the student.

Beasley and the girl both admitted to performing oral sex on each other at least three times in recent weeks. Beasley and the victim also engaged in inappropriate behavior during school hours.

Beasley allowed the officer to search his car. During the search the officer discovered that the teacher sent a nude photo and video of himself to the student’s phone.

Beasley was charged with nine counts of sexual assault by a custodian and two counts of sending obscene material to a minor.

Beasley was freed after he posted $92,000 bond.

Grandma kills her two young grandkids to hurt their mother

Debra Dennison 
By: Aarav Sen

(Scroll down for video) A family was left shattered after their two young kids were shot to death by their own grandmother.

Debra Dennison, 47, of Connecticut, picked up her daughter’s children, Alton Perry, 2, and Ashton Perry, 6 months old, from their day care in Preston.

She was supposed to take them to a birthday party, but instead shot and killed them before turning the gun on herself.

Dennison and her daughter Brenda Perry, who is the children's mother, had a difficult relationship for a long time, but they have recently reconciled.

According to a police report, Dennison left a suicide note to her daughter and her husband, saying that they do not deserve children.

Dennison allegedly had attempted suicide six times in the last 20 years and suffered from dissociative identity disorder.

Relatives told police that Dennison was disturbed by a letter she received one month before the murder from her son, who is serving a prison sentence of 32 years for murder.

Parents save their son’s killer from being executed by the government

Balal moments before his scheduled execution 
By: Aarav Sen

(Scroll down for video) In an amazing act of strength, kindness and forgiveness a couple saved their son’s killer moments before being killed.

The incident began seven years ago when a group of teenagers got into a fight.

18-year-old Abdollah Hosseinzadeh was killed during the street fight in the Iranian town of Royan. The killer was identified as Balal. He was sentenced to death by hanging for the stabbing death of Hosseinzadeh.

The parents of Hosseinzadeh were given the honor of removing the chair from beneath the killer in a public execution ceremony.

Balal was blindfolded, brought outside while a crowd watched and the rope was placed around his neck.

The victim’s mother then spoke about how difficult it is for them to live without their son, who was killed by Balal.

She then walked up to Balal, she stood up on a chair and slapped him in the face. What happened next was surprising and touching.

The woman and her husband, Abdolghani Hozzeinzad, removed the noose from the man’s neck and said that he is forgiven.

The man was freed, and his mother ran over to the victim’s mother and thanked her for sparing her son’s life. The two women embraced and cried in each other’s arms.

The victim’s mother explained: “I had a dream in which my son told me that he was at peace and in a good place. He did not want revenge.”

She further explained that by slapping the suspect in the face it was her way of releasing her anger towards him.

Balal walked away with his family a free man.

Man arrested after falling off of lawn mower while mowing someone else's lawn

Patrick Moore 
By: Devansh Dutt

Many men would be happy to leave the job of mowing their lawn to professionals.

One family called police after they found a man mowing their lawn for free.

Patrick Moore, 49, told police that he was mowing the lawn as a favor to the homeowner.

However, the family of Murfreesboro, Tennessee, was not impressed with the favor as it was done while Moore was intoxicated.

Moore was arrested for public intoxication after police said that he was mowing the lawn without the homeowner’s permission.

Moore admitted to police that he had consumed a few beers before mowing the lawn as a favor to the homeowner.

Police spoke with the residents, who said that they had not given the man permission to mow their lawn and they have asked him to stop doing so.

They also told police that Moore fell from his lawn mower while attempting to mow the lawn.

Moore, who had bloodshot eyes, slurred speech and smelled of alcohol, was arrested by police and charged with public intoxication. He has been released after posting $250 bail.

Man kills his girlfriend and sister because they made fun of his lovemaking

Women laughing illustration 
By: Aarav Sen

A young man became very angry when his girlfriend and his girlfriend’s sister made fun of his lovemaking, police in Nigeria said.

Delta State Police said that the man allegedly killed his girlfriend and her sister after a minor scuffle about his inability to make love.

The incident took place on Friday night, and neighbors are surprised because the suspect was known to be a fine young man. The fight between John Otoreh and the women began on Friday morning , after his lover, Rosemary, made fun of him.

As the fight escalated, Rosemary began to make jokes about Otoreh and her younger sister joined in. The suspect threatened to harm the two, but his threats fell on deaf ears, as they allegedly continued to mock him.

Later, Otoreh broke bottles and stabbed the victims in their stomachs. Family members of the women claimed that the suspect had medical issues that prevented him from lovemaking.

He consulted several doctors and paid them large sums of money for treatments. However, a close friend of the suspect said that Otoreh caught his girlfriend having sex with his best friend, prompting the killing spree.

Man seen on video driving Mustang on just 3 wheels

The Mustang driving on three wheels 
By: Hydar Tomar

(Scroll down for video) A man with an expensive car was seen driving around on just three wheels, a video uploaded to the Internet showed.

The YouTube video uploaded by Gas Of Mass, showed the moment a Ford Mustang drove down a U.S. highway on only three wheels.

The video showed the vehicle traveling at high speed with its left front tire missing, leaving a cloud of smoke and sparks in its wake. The video was posted online by a stunned motorist, who recorded the action from another car.

The Mustang was seen driving along the busy road in Houston, Texas, with its unnamed driver seemingly unaware or unconcerned for his missing wheel. The fate of the driver and of his beaten up Mustang remain unknown.

The video, which was uploaded last week has since gone viral. YouTube viewers speculated that the vehicle has been stolen or that the driver may have been trying a reckless stunt.



Loading...
Loading...