Israeli soldiers take ‘Purity of Arms’ vow

Purity of Arms vow 
By: Devansh Dutt

The IDF completed a campaign in which all soldiers took a new “Purity of Arms” vow, the IDF Blog reported.

While Hamas has proven that it will do all in its power to put Gaza civilians in the line of fire, the IDF does all it can to ensure their safety.

The IDF has transmitted a special message to IDF soldiers fighting in Gaza during Operation Protective Edge.

As the soldiers entered Gaza, they did so with a reminder of their obligations in their pockets. The message was the text of the Purity of Arms article of the IDF’s Code of Ethics.

It instructs troops not to forget their humanity during combat, respect all human rights and minimize harm to civilians. The special message was signed with a quote from the Chief of Staff, Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz, emphasizing the importance of preventing civilian casualties.

As the IDF reminded soldiers of their obligations to Gaza’s civilians, Hamas sent the opposite message to its fighters. The terrorist organization printed and disseminated combat manuals that encouraged terrorists to use Gaza’s population as a human shield. One manual explicitly instructs fighters to store explosives and other weapons in civilian homes.

The following is the full transcript of the message:

Purity of Arms – The IDF soldiers will use their weapons and force only for the purpose of their mission, only to the necessary extent and will maintain their humanity even during combat. IDF soldiers will not use their weapons and force to harm human beings who are not combatants or prisoners of war, and will do all in their power to avoid causing harm to their lives, bodies, dignity and property.

“We have a moral obligation to do whatever we can to prevent civilian casualties, and simultaneously face a moral obligation to protect our citizens,” Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz wrote.

Hamas caught using TV vehicles to transport missiles and shooting them at Israeli civilians

TV vehicle illustration 
By: Aarav Sen

The Hamas terrorist group was caught using vehicles marked as TV, to transport missiles to shoot at Israeli civilians, the IDF Blog reported.

The Israel Military Advocate General Corps (MAG), received reports as well as complaints from human rights organizations, regarding allegations that an aerial strike was carried out in the Rimael neighborhood of Gaza City on July 9, 2014, against a vehicle marked “TV,” which resulted in the death of Ahmed Abdullah Mahmoud Shabab.

The material collected by the General Staff Mechanism for Fact-Finding Assessments (FFA), and its findings, which were reviewed by the MAG, indicated that the strike was carried out against a vehicle that intelligence information and direct evidence indicated was being used to transport weapons.

It should be noted that at the time of the strike the IDF forces could not discern whether the vehicle was marked “TV.” It appears that the vehicle was marked “TV” in order to mask the military use made of the vehicle to transport weapons.

In any event, in light of its military use, the marking of the vehicle did not alter the lawfulness of the strike. In addition, the MAG found that the strike procedure was carried out with an effort to minimize incidental harm, and to that end, the strike was at one point delayed when the vehicle was suspected to be in the vicinity of civilians.

The MAG found that the strike process conformed to the requirements of Israeli and international law, and that there was no deficiency in the actions of the IDF forces involved.

Health clinic employee fired after being diagnosed with cancer (video)

Carol Jumper 
By: Hydar Tomar

(Scroll down for video) A long term health clinic employee was fired after she told the main doctor that she was diagnosed with cancer.

51-year-old Carol Jumper of Pennsylvania, told her boss that she had been diagnosed with cancer last week.

In response, Dr. George Visnich of Visnich Oral Surgery, told Carol that her battle against cancer will be demanding physically, mentally and emotionally.

"The symptoms of the disease, pain medications you need and the side effects of chemotherapy are significant and distracting," Visnich wrote in a handwritten letter.

Carol was working at the office for 12 years.

“You will not be able to function in my office at the required level when fighting for your life. Because of this, I am laying you off without pay,” the doctor also wrote.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you fight this horrible disease. Thanks for your time at Visnich Oral Surgery. I hope your battle is quick, smooth and successful,” the doctor concluded.

Carol of Hopewell Township, was diagnosed with cancer affecting the pancreas, liver and ovaries. A fundraising page has been set up to help Carol.




Mother arrested after breaking into neighbor's home and raping 31-year-old man

Chantae Marie Gilman 
By: Aarav Sen

(Scroll down for video) A mother of four children was charged with rape after she broke into a home and raped a man.

The 26-year-old woman of Seattle, Washington, was charged with second-degree rape.

Authorities said that the man awoke from a deep sleep to find Chantae Marie Gilman, on top of him.

According to investigators, the 31-year-old victim, identified only as M.O., was at the home of a friend who lived close to Gilman after attending a birthday party.

About 2:00 a.m., M.O. woke up to find the 240 pound woman having sex with him.

The victim asked Gilman to get off of him, but she refused and told him to be quiet. The victim was able to work his way out from under the woman and called police.

The victim went to Harborview Medical Center for a sexual assault examination, police said. It took almost a year for authorities to conclude that the DNA evidence from the man was a match to Gilman.

After DNA proved that the man was sexually assaulted by Gilman, she was arrested for the crime.

Gilman, who is now pregnant with her 5th child, told police that she does not remember the incident. Gilman blamed the incident on her mental illness. She told police that she suffers from bipolar disorder and psychosis.

Gilman has prior felony convictions for possession of a stolen vehicle and attempted robbery.

Man arrested after cooking and serving his girlfriend a meal made of her beloved dog

Ryan Eddy Watenpaugh 
By: Hydar Tomar

(Scroll down for video) A man was arrested after he served his girlfriend a meal made of her beloved dog without her knowledge.

The man of California, is accused of cooking the dog and serving it to his girlfriend in an attempt to win her back.

The incident came to light after 34-year-old Ryan Eddy Watenpaugh, allegedly sent the woman a text message asking how the dog tasted.

The victim told police that she ran away from Watenpaugh after the two go into a fight in which Watenpaugh allegedly assaulted her. When she returned to the home, her dog, named Bear, was gone.

About a month later, the couple reconnected and Watenpaugh cooked her a nice meal. He allegedly served her the meat of her missing dog.

Watenpaugh denied cooking the woman’s Pomeranian, when police arrested him on Thursday. He did however, admit that he left a bag containing the dog’s paws on the victim’s doorstep about 1:00 a.m.

Police said that they found an AK-47 assault rifle and high-capacity magazines during a search of Watenpaugh’s house.

Watenpaugh was booked into the Shasta County Jail, where his bail was set at $250,000. He is charged with domestic violence, stalking, false imprisonment and animal cruelty.

Additional charges for weapons violations are still pending.

Sex charges dropped against teacher after he marries his teenage victim in Las Vegas

Illich Guardiola 
By: Sanvi Rizvi

(Scroll down for video) A teacher was allowed to walk free after he married his young student.

Police initially arrested the teacher after they found out that he was having sex with her.

However, he was able to avoid charges after marrying the teenage girl in Las Vegas, Nevada.

41-year-old Illich Guardiola of Texas, was a Drama teacher when he was accused of having sex with one of his students.

Now, all charges against him were dropped after he married the 16-year-old victim.

Guardiola was initially stopped by police for a traffic violation. The 16-year-old girl was a passenger in the car.


When questioned, the teen told authorities that she was in love with her teacher and that she was in a relationship with him.

Officers found a text message from the teen girl on Guardiola’s phone, saying: “I love having sex with you.”

Before authorities were able to stop the improper relationship, Guardiola has flown to Las Vegas, Nevada, with the girl and married her with the mother of the teenager as the witness.

Charges of sexual assault of a minor have been dropped against Guardiola, and his lawyer said that it was because the two are now married.

The Houston Family Arts Center fired Guardiola, after the allegations surfaced.



Groom pleads guilty of groping pregnant waitress during his wedding ceremony

Wedding cake illustration 
By: Anika Rao

(Scroll down for video) Groping another woman at your own wedding is a bad way to start married life.

One groom was arrested on the night of his wedding for groping a waitress.

Mark Williams of Pennsylvania, who sparked a brawl when he groped a pregnant waitress at his wedding, has pleaded guilty to lesser charges.

The 33-year-old groom pleaded guilty to public drunkenness and disorderly conduct. All charges against his brother, 35-year-old David Williams, who is a state trooper, have been dropped.

David was accused of assaulting an officer while he intervened on his brother behalf.

One of his guests, 31-year-old Brian Taylor, who is a school board member, pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and criminal behavior.

David Williams will return to work, but a spokeswoman for the State Police said that an internal investigation continues.

As we reported earlier, a wedding party was cut short after the groom and two other men were arrested. The bride of Pennsylvania, was left to spend her wedding night alone as her new husband was hauled off to jail.

Mark Williams, 33, was celebrating his special night with friends and family. They were all drinking and having a good time.

However, at some point during the night, the groom got too close to a pregnant waitress and allegedly groped her.

The woman called her 20-year-old boyfriend to report the incident. He then confronted the groom and a fight erupted at about 1:00 a.m.

The groom’s 35-year-old brother David Williams, who is a police officer, also got involved in the fight. Wedding guest, 31-year-old Brian Taylor, vice president of the Sto-Rox School Board, was also arrested after he was accused of punching and breaking the front passenger window of a car.

According to police, the groom touched the female employee inappropriately and tried to pour alcohol down her throat despite the fact that the woman told him she was pregnant.

The three suspects were charged with aggravated assault, resisting arrest and obstruction of law enforcement. The groom had additional charges of harassment and public drunkenness.

The bride was at her newlywed’s side when he was released from prison.

Man jailed after forcing nursing mother to breastfeed him

Kevin Gibbons 
By: Devansh Dutt

A man was sentenced to jail after raping a woman and forcing her to breastfeed him.

50-year-old Kevin Gibbons of England, was sentenced to 25 years in prison after he stalked and raped two women.

Gibbons raped one of the women while she was pregnant and then forced her to breastfeed him after she gave birth.

He caused immense psychological harm to the women. He subjected them to horrific psychological and sexual abuse.

While abusing the women, Gibbons quoted verses from the Bible to justify his acts.

The women endured abuse for almost 10 years before they had courage to come forward to police. His behavior came to light when both women ended up living on the same street and the police found out about his ordeal.

A police detective of the Greater Manchester Police, described Gibbons as “one of the most vile, controlling, abusive and cowardly men I've encountered in all my years as an officer.”

Gibbons of Standish, Wigan, was found guilty of 11 charges including rape, false imprisonment, harassment, and sexual assault following a trial at the Liverpool Crown Court. He was jailed yesterday for 25 years.

Boy steps onto ledge of 11th story window to avoid punishment for not doing homework (video)

The boy sitting on the ledge (right) and being rescued 
By: Anika Rao

(Scroll down for video) A teenager was rescued after he went to extreme lengths to avoid being punished.

The 12-year-old of China, who did not finish his homework assignment, was terrified of his mother’s harsh punishment.

Rather than facing the consequences of his actions, the boy tried to avoid punishment by going out the window and onto the ledge of the 11th floor apartment in Yibin, Sichuan.

It reportedly took firefighters more than two hours to rescue him.

The high school student was first seen outside the building by a security guard named Luo, who was on a routine patrol around the complex.

Luo immediately called the police. According to police, the boy’s mother woke him up to do his homework around 8:00 a.m., but the boy ignored her and continued sleeping.

When he finally woke up he feared his mother. He locked himself in his bedroom. His mother then went to get a key to open the door. At that point, the boy crawled out of the bedroom window and sat on the outer ledge.

“When we reached the house, his mother was worried about the safety of her son and tried to drag him into the house, but was unsuccessful,” Luo said.

At first, the teen refused to speak to anyone at the scene. When he saw firefighters trying to reach him, he moved closer to the edge.

After about two hours of persuasion and promises by police that his mother will not beat him for not doing his homework, the boy finally agreed to go into the arms of rescue workers.

The boy placed the rope around himself and he was dragged into his home. The mother was taken by police for questioning after the boy allegedly told them that she beat him regularly.

Woman shopping at Walmart finds decomposing body inside her car

Walmart parking lot illustration 
By: Anika Rao

(Scroll down for video) A woman called police after discovering a body in the trunk of the car.

The woman was shopping at a Walmart in California, when she found the body as she was placing her bags inside her car.

Riverside Police responded to the scene and are investigating after the woman reported finding the decomposed body in the trunk of her 1999 Lexus.

The discovery was made on the 5200 block of Van Buren Boulevard around 4:40 p.m.

The woman told police that her car had a bad smell all day, but it was only when she opened her trunk that she found the body.

Police said that the woman knows the man, but she has no idea how he ended up in the trunk. Police would not confirm the identity of the man, but said that it was not the body of the woman’s husband.

Witnesses said they heard the woman tell police that the man was her former neighbor. An autopsy will determine how and when the man died.

Woman takes selfie at crime scene while her four friends rob home in California

The suspect taking a selfie 
By: Devansh Dutt

(Scroll down for video) A woman’s selfie may put five people behind bars for robbery.

The selfie was taken by the woman, who acted as a lookout while her friends were robbing the home in California.

The Los Angeles Police Department has released the surveillance video of the incident.

Police are looking for two women and three men in connection with a robbery.

The thieves broke into the house in the neighborhood of Bel-Air, and were seen on surveillance video ransacking the place.

The three men covered their faces with hoodies. However, a third man’s face was clearly seen on the video.

The two women were seen standing guard outside the home. Police said that the two women are also wanted in connection with the robbery.

The surveillance video shows one of the women knocking on the door of the house on Hammer Drive, to see if anyone is home.

Soon thereafter, three men broke into the home through the rear window of the master bedroom, according to police.

Meanwhile, another female suspect was sitting outside the house on a bench, playing with her hair. She pulled out her cell phone on took multiple selfies.

The homeowner, who declined to be identified, confirmed that money, jewelry, and electronics were stolen during the robbery.

The thieves also took a safe from the wall, which contained more the $30,000 worth of property. Police now hope that someone recognizes the woman from the selfie so that they catch the thieves.

Landlord’s son stabs tenant because he refused to pay electricity bill

Power lines illustration 
By: Sanvi Rizvi

A tenant was stabbed after he refused to pay the electricity bill for his apartment, police in Nigeria said.

Now, Delta State Police said that they have arrested Sunday Okolie, for allegedly stabbing the tenant, who lives in his father’s house.

According to the police investigation, the suspect became angry when the tenant refused to pay the electricity bill for the sixth consecutive month.

When the tenant was confronted, a heated argument ensued after which the tenant was stabbed in the stomach.

The suspect attempted to flee from the scene, but he was captured by other tenants and was held down until police arrived.

The suspect claimed that he paid the utility bill every month, but that was not the case. The electric company was not paid in eight months.

15-year-old boy arrested for burning 60 dogs to death (video)

The destroyed Manchester Dogs’ Home 
By: Anika Rao

(Scroll down for video) A teen boy was arrested on charges of arson after allegedly setting a dog home on fire, killing 60 dogs, police in the United Kingdom said.

The Greater Manchester Police department said that the fire broke out just after 7:00 p.m., at the Manchester Dogs’ Home located on Moss Brook Road in Harpurhey.

A spokesperson for the Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service, said that about a third of the kennels have been destroyed by the fire.

So far, 60 dogs are dead and the number is expected to rise, police said. 150 dogs have been rescued. Meanwhile, the 15-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with the fire.

The Manchester Dogs’ Home was founded in 1893 and serves more than 7,000 dogs each year. It is run entirely on donations from the public.

The suspect, who was bitten by a dog earlier this year, was brought before the Manchester Magistrate’s Court for a bail hearing. Police urged the boy and his family to go into hiding after receiving numerous death threats over the incident.