6 drunk elephants electrocuted after drinking beer and uprooting power linesBy Mason White 4:37 PM January 5, 2015
By: Mahesh Sarin
A group of elephants in India, died after raiding a farm and drinking a lot of beer, causing them to become drunk and uproot power lines.
The incident unfolded on Friday in Chandan Nukat, where six Asiatic wild elephants were electrocuted after drinking beer.
According to wildlife officials, about 40 elephants came to Chandan Nukat on Friday, in search of food. Some of the elephants found beer, which farmers ferment and keep in plastic cans.
The elephants drank the beer and they got drunk. They uprooted a utility pole with power lines and 6 of them were electrocuted.
This was not the first time that elephants died after drinking beer.
Four wild elephants died several years ago, after raiding a neighboring village and getting drunk on beer before downing power lines and getting electrocuted.