Latest News

Horrified mother finds live worm in her child’s Chicken McNugget she bought at McDonald’s

By Mason White 5:51 PM January 25, 2015
Worm in Chicken McNugget 

By: Mahesh Sarin
A mother in the United Kingdom, was horrified to find a live worm in a Chicken McNugget, which she bought at McDonald’s for her young daughter.

30-year-old Nikki Sanders said that she stopped at her favorite restaurants to buy a meal for her 4-year-old daughter.

While eating the chicken, Sanders discovered what looked like a worm hanging out of the Chicken McNugget. Luckily, her daughter Emily refused to eat the food so the mother was the only one who ate the contaminated chicken.

Sanders felt ill after discovering the worm. The mother also said that after the shocking discovery, she will begin eating healthy food.

39-year-old Neil Sanders took a photo of the Chicken McNugget and uploaded it on Facebook under the title McWorm.

The image went viral on the Internet. A spokesperson for McDonald’s apologized to the Sanders family.

“Food safety is our top priority. Our restaurants and our suppliers place great emphasis on quality control, and follow strict rules to avoid imperfections in our products. We have launched an investigation following the reporting of this incident, and the object was sent to a specialist for identification. We will be in touch with Sanders once this investigation is complete,” the company said in a statement.

McDonald’s also offered Sanders free food, but she rejected their offer.